Monday, May 19, 2014

Travel Diaries: Coron Palawan 2014


Who would have imagined that such place still exist in this very industrialised and polluted and populated world that we have? Coron, Palawan is first and foremost breathtaking. I mean, just take a good look at all this photos! 





We arrived in Coron around 4:30 pm and had to take a 10 min drive to the boat dock and another 15-20 minutes of boat ride to arrive to our resort destination. 



We stayed for 4 days and 3 nights. Balinsasayaw Resort offers more than a place where you can rest and relax, they also offer package tours. You can contact them here and they will more than willing to be of help. 

Our itinerary are as follows:

First Day:
  • Barracuda Lake
  • Kayangan Lake 
  • Maquinit HotSpring


2nd Day:
  • Twin Lagoon
  • Skeleton Wreck
  • Banul Beach


Third Day: White Beach
  • Banana Beach
  • Bulog Beach
  • Malcapuya Beach












More than the clear lakes, white sand beaches and amazing view, Coron also offers a very rich underwater view that is as breathtaking. Its definitely a macro photography site. We saw Nemo!





 I know that as a primary rule, I wouldn't be posting photos from my private life, but this is such a very nice picture of my sister with a really huge starfish, I had to make an exemption. Don't worry, we returned the starfish immediately with the hope it produce more of its kind!







I learned a few things: 
  • There's so much fish in areas where shipwrecks are found
  • Malcapuya stands for Bad Girl/Bad Woman. It turns out it was where bad women then where brought. 
  • Another thing, Malcapuya beach will soon be developed. So flock there people before its too late!
  • If Im not mistaken, 2 out of the many lakes that are found in Coron are only open for public, I think, most if not all are still considered as sacred places. 
And a few other things I will allow you to explore on your own. 


Now I know that you're probably thinking how this place is such a paradise already (trust me, I know!) what more will it be if you learn how good the food here was? They serve only the freshest and healthiest and balanced meal. My dad is very keen about food. and this is actually the first time he couldn't stop gushing how good the food was. Think of this: when we went back to Manila, I was sure my appetite is at its peak but when I tasted the food served here in the city, I was so disappointed, I kept comparing my meal here from those that I had in Coron. 


The beach junkie that we all are, half of the time we spent there was wasted on snorkeling and swimming really.

Before we went here, I had prepared myself for the disappointment that was coming. I was expecting too much already, browsing for photos and stuff, too giddy for that matter but landing there, I wasn't more surprised and stunned by having its beauty wide spread before my eyes.

You guys, should see it for yourself. the photos don't do God's creation the justice it so well deserved.


0 comments:

Post a Comment